Data conversion and migration can be a significant challenge in any large system implementation.
This is particularly true in ERP implementations where specific challenges are posed by:
- The interconnection of financial data and data from other functional modules.
- Business expectations of improved data quality and the implication that existing data is often poorly maintained.
- Differing expectations of what data will be migrated between vendor and client stakeholders.
- A lack of business commitment - particularly the view that data is only a technical concern.
- The frequent necessity to modify certain data (revised numbering systems; different analysis groupings and so on) as part of the migration process to the new system environment.
- The lack of available resource for data conversion and migration due to deployment of significant resources to other system implementation activities.
Lumenia’s methodology can be scaled to suit the differing requirements posed by implementations of differing complexity - from single site ERP replacement to multi-site multi-system replacement.
- Data identification, analysis and definition.
- Migration strategy development detailing the approach to be taken to data conversion, data retention and archiving.
- Technical design covering data extraction, cleansing, transformation, harmonisation and load.
- Validated transactional and non-transactional data.
- Data cutover/go-live plan and procedures.
- Advice on post go-live good practise data management business process
The benefits of good ERP Data Migration Management
- Lumenia have a body of experience operating in different technical environments ranging from legacy file structures to databases, including most of the leading ERP systems.
- Proven methodology and experience.
- Reduced learning curve in the early stages of the project.
- Strong project management skills.
- Previous experience migrating data across most leading ERP systems.
- Reduced risk.