What is Business Process Transformation?
Business process transformation in the context of an ERP project means changing existing business processes to take advantage of opportunities for improvement in customer service, efficiency, data quality and reporting presented by the new ERP system. Depending on the project, this may involve streamlining one or more business processes on a single site, harmonising business processes across multiple sites or consolidating business processes that exist in many sites into one central location.
There are a number of business transformation steps that are common to all ERP projects, including:
- Identification of opportunities for improvement in the existing processes
- Development of future state business process flows that eliminate the pain points associated with current processes
- Identification of key ERP functionality that will be required to enable the future state processes
- Development of a change impact analysis to clarify the amount of organisational change that will be involved.
We have developed business process transformation services to support each of these steps.
- Business Process ImprovementIdentification of opportunities for improvement is one of the starting points for business process transformation. We have developed templates and on-line tools that allow process improvement opportunities to be identified quickly and with minimal stakeholder effort. The tools also facilitate business process benchmarking.
- Business Process DesignBusiness process design is traditionally time-consuming and labour-intensive. We can accelerate this activity significantly by employing our tools and templates to avoid the effort of documenting current processes and using our library of sample business process diagrams as a starting point for design.
5 Reasons to Document Business Process Flows During ERP DesignBlogs July 20 2021Every ERP project has a significant phase which involves figuring out how the new ERP system will…Read more
Enabling Business Process Improvement in Digital Transformation & ERP ProjectsBlogs April 29 2021Many ERP and digital transformation projects do not achieve the level of business process…Read more
Business Process Design and Cloud ERPBlogs March 31 2021During one of my presentations at our most recent on-line ERP HEADtoHEAD™ event a member of the…Read more