Lumenia’s world-class ERP selection methodology and vast experience enable us to assist clients in selecting the most suitable ERP solution for an organisation. Uniquely, our selection process starts with the quantification of the business benefits that should result from the deployment of the new system.
The requirements that contribute most to business benefit then become key drivers for the selection process. We have completed well over 250 selection projects and have detailed experience of all of the leading ERP products – including those from SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, Infor, Epicor, IFS, Sage and a host of others. Because Lumenia is independent, impartial advice is guaranteed at all stages of the process.
ERP Selection Key process outputs
- A structured selection process, with well-defined stages, decision points and a detailed project plan.
- Documented and quantified business benefits that should result from the implementation of ERP. This will form the basis of the business case for the project.
- Requirements documentation based on future To-Be business processes rather than current inefficient processes
- Facilitation of project team workshops at all critical points in the decision process, ensuring cross-functional involvement and agreement.
- Selection of a preferred ERP system and vendor (typically within three to six months of project initiation).
- Objective, documented reasons for the rejection of all other systems.
- A PowerPoint presentation summarising the selection process, which can be used for Senior Management or Board level presentations.
- Assistance with commercial negotiations.
- Lumenia does not sell ERP software and offers completely independent advice.
- Lumenia brings knowledge of current best practice and functionality to the selection process.
- We have worked with the leading ERP products and implementation partners in our core markets and can offer unique insight into the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Our selection process is comprehensive and rigorous and guarantees that the chosen vendor and system provide the best match.
- Our selection process is driven at every step by reference to quantified benefits.
- The process facilitates cross-functional and multi-level involvement, which promotes user buy-in.
- Senior management will fully understand the project in terms of costs, timescales, intended solution and benefits.
- In many of our selection projects, the savings made by our clients are substantially more than our fees.
- All of our Principal ERP Selection Consultants have at least 10 years of relevant experience of selection, ERP strategy and implementation.
- Lumenia's vast experience helps to avoid the many potential pitfalls of ERP selection.