Lumenia provides independent advice and a structured process to help organisations to clarify business systems scope and define their enterprise systems strategy.
Doing so means providing answers to questions such as:
- Do we need a new ERP system, or could we just add bolt-on solutions to our existing ERP system?
- We have more than one ERP system following an acquisition: do we continue with multiple systems or move to one?
- How do we reduce the level of risk and the cost of ownership of our business applications?
- Should we pursue a policy of a single ERP system for all parts of the business or use ERP in tandem with more focused Best-of-Breed solutions? Is this approach appropriate for all parts of the business?
- What will our enterprise systems landscape look like in three years’ time, and what are the steps along the way?
- How much will we invest in systems over the next three to five years?
- Should we host our business applications on-premises or in the cloud?
- What are the relative strengths and weaknesses of the systems on the market?
The Lumenia team were very quickly able to understand the complex software application landscape in St. James’s Place, and developed easy to follow options in terms of future strategy. Iain Balchin, Executive Director of Finance, St. James’s Place
How we add value
We provide an informed, independent view on the strategic options for enterprise systems that should be considered, the likely costs and benefits of each option, and a recommendation with supporting rationale for an enterprise systems strategy for your organisation.
- We help you save time and effort: Lumenia has the templates, tools and expertise to define your enterprise systems strategy quickly and efficiently.
- We reduce risk: Starting a process of business systems change initiative without a clear strategy greatly increases the risk of an ineffective selection process and a poor implementation.
- We ensure your business case presentation is professional and based on quantified benefits and costs that you are confident to stand over.
- An independent recommendation on the future strategy for enterprise applications in your organisation
- Jargon-free, easy-to-follow graphical representations of current and proposed future applications architecture, with intermediate stages as appropriate.
- A detailed statement of quantified business benefits associated with the proposed system change, with all benefits signed off by the relevant business owners.
- A financial appraisal model showing IRR, NPV and Payback calculations for the proposed applications strategy.
- A presentation delivered to your senior stakeholders summarising the options considered, costs, benefits, pros and cons, with Lumenia’s recommendation and associated rationale for the proposed enterprise systems strategy.